PreRound Guide for Startups
With this guide you will learn how to...
1. Apply to participate
2. Prepare for the Audition
What is PreRound?
- Watch a brief intro video for an overview.
- PreRound® is a startup-investing game show that will stream in Fall 2023.
- Three startups pitch on each episode
- Viewers "invest" fictional currency PreMoney® via the Pre® app and compete to make the smartest PreInvestments.
- Startups seek to showcase their products, acquire users, receive real-time feedback and validation, and catch the eye of investors watching the show.
- Plus, viewers chat directly with startups through the Pre app, sharing thoughts and ratings
Goals of PreRound
- Help startups showcase their products to their markets and investors.
- Enable startups to receive real time market feedback and validation of their ideas.
- Help startups prepare for their first round of funding.
- Get people excited about the startups and what they are building.
- Broaden participation in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Democratize startup investing and create a more inclusive and impactful ecosystem for entrepreneurs, investors, and the broader public.
How To Apply
- Submit a short application here
- After submitting your application, you will receive an Audition Invite if you make the cut.
- We will then set up a date for you to pitch online to the audition team. We recommend using the format below for your pitch deck.
- You’ll be notified if selected to pitch on the show.
- If selected, we team will schedule a time for the final pitch recording including the Q+A.
The Pitch Deck
- Problem - What big issue are you tackling? Why should we care?
- Solution - How are you fixing this? What makes your idea special?
- Competition - Who else is in the game? Why are you different (and better!)?
- Market - Who are your customers? How big is this opportunity?
- Team - Who's behind the magic? Why are you folks the dream team?
- Milestones - What have you done? What's next? And what do you need from the audience?
Have additional slides ready that are part of the investor deck, for example, business/revenue model, go-to-market strategy, product roadmap. While you may choose to not use these slides for your main presentation, you may need them for the Q+A.
Any Questions? Reach out to us. We're here to help.